Curriculum

Explore all 1,590 open curriculum concepts.

Advanced filters 2
Learning to LearnLearning to LearnAges 6–7

Planning a Task

Make a simple plan before starting a task: what do I need to do, and what should I do first?

Teach this topic
Share and support

Teaching Table · Plan outline

Set out your lesson

A reviewed step-by-step guide is not available yet. This is an outline from the plan, not a fully authored guide.

“Before your child starts a bigger task — like writing a story or making something — do they take a moment to think about what they'll do first?”

Full guide and materials
  1. Activity. Make a simple plan before starting a task: what do I need to do, and what should I do first?

What to notice. Before starting a task, describe what they need to do and what order to do it in • Break a larger task into smaller steps without being prompted — e.g. 'First I'll read the question, then I'll draw a diagram' • Gather the materials or information they need before beginning, rather than starting and then stopping to find things

Compare teaching approaches

Teaching approaches

Gakuva’s recommended starting approach is selected. You can still compare every option.

1 approach

Selected Default Gakuva

Before your child starts a bigger task — like writing a story or making something — do they take a moment to think about what they'll do first?

Make a simple plan before starting a task: what do I need to do, and what should I do first?

Family records and proof options

Keep a record of your learning

Save photos, notes, and attendance. Export a proof packet for compliance or portfolio reviews.

Learning resources

Reviewed external links that reinforce this concept. They do not replace Gakuva’s teaching approach.

No reviewed resources for this concept yet.

The teaching approach above still stands. Curated practice links will appear here as the shelf fills.

Check understanding

  • Before starting a task, describe what they need to do and what order to do it in
  • Break a larger task into smaller steps without being prompted — e.g. 'First I'll read the question, then I'll draw a diagram'
  • Gather the materials or information they need before beginning, rather than starting and then stopping to find things
“Before your child starts a bigger task — like writing a story or making something — do they take a moment to think about what they'll do first?”

Curriculum record

Type
Meta
Subject
Learning to Learn
Domain
Learning to Learn
Age range
Ages 6–7